Saturday, May 23, 2015

week 7 Eoc

For my final project I decided to survey the influence of music on shoppers at All Saints inside the forum shops at Caesars Palace. All Saints is a British based company that has a rocker grudge type esthetic to the stores clothing and decor.  All saints works with and plays music from plenty artist across a wide range of genres, but the problem I found is that a lot of the songs that they have on their playlist are often sad and depressing. We are located right across from H&M, which is a young hip store that has dj’s that play top 100 hits. By doing so it gives the store a party type atmosphere which the customers seem to enjoy. For my project I want to test to see if playing more upbeat music will result in customer’s attitudes towards purchasing more products.


I feel that the same way smells attract people to bakeries or restaurant is the same way music attracts people to retail stores. According to retail radio “Study after study has shown that your choice of music can heavily influence customer buying choices and the length of time they spend consuming”. Music influences shoppers more than you may think wither its obvious or subtle. The decor inside All Saints very dark and dreary and I know a lot of stores play music that match their stores decor. However music sets the tone for the store. With the effect the music has on people I think the stylist may also be affected by the up-tempo music and may be more enthusiastic to sell. I am eager to start surveying people to test my hypothesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment