Tuesday, April 14, 2015

EOC: What to expect from the class


As I embark on my last year of school I have been submerging myself in my work and learning a lot about who I am as a person. Regularly we are asked this question the first week of our online classes and I always answer the question the same. I always approach my classes with an open mind so that I don't lean one way or the other. I know that by doing this I will have maximized everything the class had to offer. I loved my recent marketing class so it will be interesting to dig a little deeper and research the market and see how consumers react to products. As far as marketing goes I think it is important as a fashion retail management major to at least try and understand the mind of your consumer. I’m not a marketing wizard or else I wouldn’t be here but I agree with the late Steve Jobs theory in regards to marketing. As a company you should not look at marketing as something you have to sell rather offer your consumer with information and educate them on the product. I am a stylist but I also would like to explore public relations so I believe that this class will tie into that somehow. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover” H. Jackson Brown Jr. With that being said let’s explore and sail into endless opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment